The Nokomis East Neighborhood Association (NENA) is a growing community-based nonprofit organization serving four unique, welcoming neighborhoods with over 14,700 residents and dozens of businesses in the southeast corner of Minneapolis. NENA is dedicated to bettering the quality of life and building a sense of community pride by sponsoring actions that help our environment, businesses, and homes.
We are seeking an experienced Executive Director committed to ensuring a strong organizational foundation, building grassroots leaders, fostering cultural relationships, maintaining and building partnerships, community power, and influence. Ideal candidates will be skilled in financial and staff management, fundraising, coalition building, planning, administration, and board development.
This is a full-time position with an employer-paid medical and dental plan, a matched retirement plan, paid time off, and training opportunities.
Title: Executive Director
Location: Minneapolis, MN – Primarily in the office, with some flexibility to work from home.
Job Type: Full-time flexible schedule with 1-2 evenings/Saturdays per week.
Job Duties: Link
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000, depending on candidate qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Includes employer-paid health and dental insurance, generous PTO, matching retirement plan, and training opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least two years of supervisory experience
- Extensive experience in the nonprofit sector, preferably with community-based and grassroots-led organizations
- Understanding and support of NENA’s mission statement and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion policy
- Experience building and working in coalitions, partnerships, and collaborative relationships
- Experience with grant writing and individual fundraising campaigns
- Ability to establish priorities, procedures, and attention to detail
- Experience with, and commitment to community-based planning
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Open, flexible, and demonstrated experience working with diverse constituencies including by age, gender, ethnicity and income levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and other basic computing skills
- Experience with the City of Minneapolis Neighborhood and Community Relations and city Funding programs
- Experience with QuickBooks and nonprofit accounting
- Experience organizing large public events
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Somali
- Experience in creating content for audiences with limited English skills
How to Apply
Application packets should include a cover letter, resume, and three references. Completed applications should be emailed as PDFs to email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm on February 23, 2022. No phone calls please.
NENA is an equal opportunity employer. NENA will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, immigration status, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, language, housing status, economic status, religion or religious creed, disability or handicap, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, criminal record, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.