NENA is a community-based nonprofit organization serving over 14,700 residents and dozens of businesses in the southeast corner of Minneapolis. NENA is dedicated to bettering the quality of life and building a sense of community pride by sponsoring actions which help our environment, businesses and homes. We are looking for energetic, strategically-minded leaders to help NENA and our neighborhoods thrive. Be a part of this important mission! Candidate Applications are due on November 14th, 2022.
Director Requirements & Duties
•Replacement Board term from May 2022 – April 2024
•Live (homeowner or renter) in the Morris Park neighborhood
•Must be 18 years or older
•Total time commitment per month is about 10 hours
•Orientation with the Executive Director (Via Zoom
• Online Monthly Board Meetings @ 6:30 – 8:30 pm on the Fourth Thursday of the month
•Serve on a NENA committee or workgroup
•Serve on a fundraising team (training and support provided)
•Commitment to financially support NENA within your means
•Volunteer for community events
Why Should YOU Consider Serving? Rewarding, Skill Building & Leadership Development
1. As a new member, you will serve with a dynamic, enthusiastic, committed group of 14 other volunteers and staff members who work hard on behalf of our community.
2. Joining the Board will connect you more tightly with our neighborhoods and give you the chance to develop new skills while providing valuable direction to the course of NENA’s work.
3. By serving on the NENA Board, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of our community. The NENA Board meets once a month. Also Board members serve on NENA committees and help with NENA events and activities.
4. You have good ideas, skills and energy to share to make NENA an even stronger organization.
If you have any questions or would like to chat, please email:
Brandon Long, Executive Director
Nokomis East Neighborhood Association
4313 E. 54th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55417