Get your photo on a Nokomis East utility box! Submit your photo entries by Friday, July 26th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NENA is looking for great photos of people, places, and things in the Nokomis East area that will be used to decorate utility boxes throughout our neighborhood. A total of seven photos will be chosen by a panel of your neighbors.
Submit photos with one of the following themes:
- Celebrating the rich culture and diversity of our community.
- Our relationship to nature and the environment.
- Getting together with friends, family, and neighbors.
- Getting outside and playing!
- All photos are welcome whether they are artistic or taken by a novice.
- Photos must be of places in the Nokomis East area.
- Entries must be original work.
- If individuals or small groups of people are featured prominently in the photo you must have permission from them to submit the photo. If the people in the photo are in large crowds or off in the distance you do not need their permission. Use common sense!
- Photographs must be in digital format. All digital files must be 25 megabytes or smaller and must be in one of the following formats (.jpg, .tiff, .png, .eps).
- Photos must be at least 3000 pixels wide (if a horizontal image). Photos in landscape in landscape orientation work best.
Questions? Send them to Program and Communication Manager Lauren Hazenson at email@example.com.
How many photos can I submit?
Please submit no more than 5 photos.
Can I use my phone camera or do I have to use a fancy camera?
Of course you can use your phone! Those phone cameras are pretty fancy these days.
My files are too big and my email won’t send them. What do I do?
Our email system can only handle file sizes smaller than 25 mb. If you’re sending multiple photos send them in separate emails.
What kind of photos work best for utility boxes?
High resolution photos in “landscape” orientation. This photos will be greatly enlarged and wrapped around a utility box so more pixels the better!
How will photos be chosen? Who will chose them?
NENA’s Housing and Commercial Streetscapes Committee will pick the best photos from all the categories.
The Housing and Commercial Streetscapes Committee sounds fun, how do I join?
Yes, please join us! More information on the HCS Committee can be found here.