March 2022 COVID UPDATE: NENA is monitoring the latest COVID guidance for public meetings. When possible starting in March 2022, the Board will meet in person. Committee meetings will likely be via zoom. Visit NENA’s Community Calendar, for the location or Zoom login information.
NENA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, marking its beginnings in the mid-1980s and incorporated in 1997, by residents and businesses to strengthen our four southeast Minneapolis neighborhoods. NENA invests in neighborhood improvement, builds community connections, encourages citizen participation, and advocates for the interests of the Nokomis East neighborhood.
NENA is led by a 15 person Board of Directors comprised of neighborhood members elected by the community at our Annual Meeting. We are a volunteer-driven organization and thrive with a diverse group of active participants.
Interested in learning more about serving on the NENA Board of Directors?
Meetings: Board Meetings will be hosted on the fourth Thursday of the month and may be changed in November and December. Check the NENA’s Community Calendar.
Meetings are open to the public unless otherwise noted. Each meeting starts with a 15 minute period for the public to address the Board with your ideas and questions.
NENA Board Meeting Agendas & Minutes
2022 – 2023 NENA Board of Directors Members
- Ann Carter
- Mia Beste
- Kevin Corrado
- Sheila O’Dougherty
- Olivia Boerschinger
- Rebecca Back
- Karl Schultz
- Liz Brophey
- Lisa Dahle
- Adam Somers
- Beth Halbach
- Christina Meyer
- Ben Picone
All are welcome to committee meetings! If you are attending for the first time, please check the NENA Community Calendar to confirm the meeting date and time. Please check the Community Calendar for the location or Zoom login information.
- Board of Directors Meeting- Meets on the fourth Thursday of the month at 6:30-8:30.
- Environmental Committee- Meets on the third Monday of the month at 5:30-6:30.
- Executive Committee – Meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30-7:30pm.
- Finance & Fundraising Committee – Meets as needed. Please check the Community Calendar for dates.
- Fundraising Events Team – Meets on the second Thursday of the month at 6:30-7:30 pm.
- Housing & Development Committee- Meets on the first Thursday of the month at 6:30pm.
- Wellness Engagement Committee- Meets on third Thursday of the month the at 6:30-8:30pm.
3 thoughts on “Board of Directors & Committees”
Comments are closed.