From the 3/4/2021 NENA E-News
- Operation Safety Net – Multi-Jurisdictional
- Updates & News on Upcoming Trial Sign-Up – City of Minneapolis
- George Floyd Square at 38th & Chicago – City of Minneapolis
- Office of Violence Prevention – City of Minneapolis
- Ward 11 Newsletter Sign-Up – Council Member Jeremy Schroeder
- Ward 12 Newsletter Sign-Up – Council Member Andrew Johnson
- Chauvin Trial Information – Mn Judicial Branch
- Rider Alerts – Metro Transit
- 612-596-1223 – Community Outreach for Psychiatric Emergencies (COPE) – Hennepin County
Nokomis East Response:
NENA has heard from many of you expressing pain, sadness, apprehension, confusion, anger, and fear about how our City may be impacted by the upcoming trial. The NENA Board and staff share these feelings with you all. Although we have not heard anything specific about Nokomis East, we want you to feel prepared with some hyper-local resources.
- Nokomis East Info Sharing Facebook Group – Over the next weeks, NENA will be collecting and sharing important information about trial preparations on our Nokomis East Info Sharing Facebook Group. All are welcome to join and all posts must abide by NENA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement of Principle. We will also share information via our e-news.
- NextDoor – Another popular online communication tool.
- Nokomis Anti-Racist Neighborhood Group and NENA’s Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Committee
- Resident-Led Initiatives – Planning an event, gathering, meeting, vigil, or something else? Let NENA know and we will help promote!
- Nokomis East Neighbor-to-Neighbor Communication Project – This fall, volunteers and NENA set up a new communication project for Nokomis East. If a curfew is called in Minneapolis, NENA will launch this Slack platform for neighbors to communicate about activity in the neighborhood, similar to how we worked together last summer. All posts must abide by NENA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement of Principle.At this time, government officials are not expecting the need to call a curfew. However, if one is called, NENA will communicate the launch of the new communication project through e-news and on the Nokomis East Info Sharing Facebook Group.
- Tips for Navigating a Community Emergency – Powderhorn Park Neighborhood Association.
- How to Be a Good Neighbor During a Crisis – Welcoming America.
- Staying Safe (p. 35) – Showing Up for Racial Justice.
- Creating Safer and More Welcoming Neighborhoods – Neighbors for Racial Justice.
- Transforming Psychological Trauma into Nonviolent Power – Minnesota Peacebuilding Leadership Insititute in our Minneahaha Neighborhood.