Missed the State of Our Neighborhood? No problem! NENA recorded the event. Facebook Video
In 2019, NENA along with many others have plans to make our neighborhood an even better, more vibrant community. Come to the State of Our Neighborhood to learn more about the upcoming year from the perspectives of local governments, educational institutions, businesses and community organizations.
Fourth Annual State of Our Neighborhood
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
6:00 – 8:00 pm
Lake Nokomis Community Center – 2401 E Minnehaha Parkway
Desserts from Berry Sweet Kitchen will be served.
The meeting is free and open to the public.
Confirmed Guest Speakers
– State Senator Patricia Torres Ray
– State Representative Jean Wagenius
– Hennepin County Commissioner Angela Conley (Tentative)
– Council Member Jeremy Schroeder (Ward 11)
– Council Member Andrew Johnson (Ward 12)
– Commissioner Steffanie Musich, Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board
– Commissioner Isaac Russell, Neighborhood & Community Engagement Commission
– Inspector Michael Sullivan, MPD Third Precinct
– Jennifer Neale, MPD Crime Prevention Specialist
– Principal La Shawn Ray, Lake Nokomis Community School – Keewaydin
New – Community members are invited to send in your questions ahead of the event for our elected officials, community, school and business leaders and NENA by January 14, 2019! Community Questions
NENA spent 2018 working to improve, empower and energize our neighborhood. Some of our major accomplishments include the 10th Annual Minneapolis Monarch Festival, biweekly Twin Cities Mobile Market stops in the Bossen area, new marketing matching grants for area businesses and home improvement loans.
In the past year, NENA hosted over a dozen meetings bringing together hundreds of neighbors to address high priority issues such as the Minneapolis 2040 Comprehensive Plan, 34th Avenue reconstruction as well as safety and crime concerns. This will also be the first chance to view NENA’s 2019-2021 Strategic Plan.
Come hear from NENA, our business community, neighborhood leaders and elected officials. This is your community and your time to get involved!