NEW: NENA is seeking applicants for a vacant Minnehaha seat. Apply by September 9, 2021.
NENA is a community-based nonprofit organization serving four unique, welcoming neighborhoods with over 14,700 residents and dozens of businesses in the southeast corner of Minneapolis. NENA is dedicated to bettering the quality of life and building a sense of community pride by sponsoring actions that help our environment, businesses, and homes.
We look for Board of Directors members who are energetic, strategically-minded leaders to help NENA and our neighborhoods thrive. At the NENA Annual Meeting in April 2022, we will elect candidates to the Board of Directors.
Periodically, vacant seats become available during the year and the Board seeks replacement appointments.
Director Requirements & Duties:
- Complete a full Two-Year Term (or replacement term)
- Live (homeowners and renters) in the neighborhood elected to serve (Keewaydin, Minnehaha, Morris Park, or Wenonah), or
- Resident, property owner, business owner or employee in Nokomis East (At-Large seats)
- Board members must be 18 years or older
- Total time commitment per month is about 10 hours
- Attend Monthly Board Meetings – Fourth Thursday of Each Month (6:30 – 8:30 pm). Third Thursday of November and December.
- Serve on a committee and volunteer for community events
- Commitment to supporting NENA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement of Principle
- Commitment to financially support NENA within your means
Join the NENA Board of Directors – Rewarding, Skill Building & Leadership Development
Why Should YOU Consider Serving?
- As a new member, you will serve with a dynamic, enthusiastic, committed group of 14 other volunteers and staff members who work hard on behalf of this neighborhood.
- Joining the Board will connect you more tightly with this neighborhood and give you the chance to develop new skills while providing valuable direction to the course of NENA work.
- By serving on the NENA Board, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of our community. The NENA Board meets once a month for most of the year. Also Board members serve on NENA committees and help with NENA events and activities.
- You have good ideas, skills and energy to share to make NENA an even stronger organization.
Looking for more information, please contact NENA’s Executive Director Becky Timm at (612) 724-5652 or firstname.lastname@example.org.