NENA is a growing community-based nonprofit organization serving four unique, welcoming neighborhoods with over 14,600 residents and dozens of businesses in the southeast corner of Minneapolis. NENA is dedicated to bettering the quality of life and building a sense of community pride by sponsoring actions which help our environment, businesses and homes.
At the NENA Annual Meeting on April 27, 2017, NENA will hold elections for the Board of Directors for one seat each for the Minnehaha, Morris Park and Wenonah neighborhoods; two seats for the Keewaydin neighborhood; and three at-large seats. Periodically, the Board seeks replacement candidates for vacant seats. We look for Board of Director members who are energetic, strategically-minded leaders to help NENA and our neighborhoods thrive.
Board Candidate Information Session
Join NENA on Thursday, April 13, 2017, at 6:00 pm to learn more about serving on the Board. Come with your questions. The info session will be held at NENA’s office (4313 E. 54th Street). See you there!
If you cannot make the session, contact Becky Timm, NENA’s Executive Director to schedule a one-on-one meeting to learn more about this great volunteer opportunity.
Director Requirements & Duties
- Two Year Term
- Live in the neighborhood elected to serve (Keewaydin, Minnehaha, Morris Park, Wenonah or At Large)
- Board members must be 18 years or older
- Attend Monthly Board Meetings – Fourth Thursday of Each Month (7:00 – 9:00 pm)
- New Board Member Orientation (5/13)
- Serve on a committee and volunteer for community events
- Total time commitment per month is about 6 hours
- Commitment to financially support NENA within your means
Join the NENA Board of Directors – Rewarding, Skill Building & Leadership Development
Why Should YOU Consider Serving?
- As a new member, you will serve with a dynamic, enthusiastic, committed group of 14 other volunteers and staff members who work hard on behalf of this neighborhood.
- Joining the Board will connect you more tightly with this neighborhood and give you the chance to develop new skills while providing valuable direction to the course of NENA work.
- By serving on the NENA Board, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of our community. The NENA Board meets once a month for most of the year. Also Board members serve on NENA committees and help with NENA events and activities.
- You have good ideas, skills and energy to share to make NENA an even stronger organization.
Interested? Looking for more information, please contact NENA’s Executive Director Becky Timm at (612) 724-5652 or firstname.lastname@example.org.