At the NENA Annual Election and Meeting, on Thursday, April 22, 2021, our community will elect seven members to the Board of Directors. We are led by a 15 person Board of Directors comprised of neighborhood volunteers. We look for Board of Directors members who are energetic, strategically-minded leaders to help NENA and our neighborhoods thrive. For more information, visit Serving on the NENA Board.
Why Should YOU Consider Serving?
Rewarding, Skill Building & Leadership Development
- As a new member, you will serve with a dynamic, enthusiastic, committed group of 14 other volunteers and staff members who work hard on behalf of our community.
- Joining the Board will connect you more tightly with our neighborhoods and give you the chance to develop new skills while providing valuable direction to the course of NENA work.
- By serving on the NENA Board, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of our community. The NENA Board meets once a month for most of the year. Also Board members serve on NENA committees and help with NENA events and activities.
- You have good ideas, skills and energy to share to make NENA an even stronger organization.
Board Candidate Information Sessions:
Interested individuals are strongly encouraged to attend an online information session or schedule a time to meet with Becky Timm, NENA’s Executive Director to learn more about serving on the Board. Eligibility requirements, terms and service, the election process, and other information will be discussed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Monthly Board Meetings – Fourth Thursday of Each Month (6:30 – 8:30 pm) – Online
• New Board Member Orientation (Thursday, May 6, from 6:30 – 8:30 pm) – Online
• Total time commitment per month is about 10 hours
• Serve on a committee and volunteer for community events
• Commitment to supporting NENA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement of Principle
• Commitment to financially support NENA within your means
• Ability to complete a full Two-Year Term
• Neighborhood Seat – You must be a resident (homeowner or renter) of the neighborhood elected to serve (Keewaydin, Minnehaha, Morris Park, or Wenonah)
• At-Large Seat – You must be a resident, own property, or work in Nokomis East
• Board members must be 18 years or older
The following seats are up for election:
- Neighborhood Seats
Keewaydin Neighborhood – 1 Seat (2-Year Term)
Minnehaha Neighborhood – 1 Seat (2-Year Term)
Morris Park Neighborhood – 1 Seat (2-Year Term)
Wenonah Neighborhood – 1 Seat (2-Year Term)
- At-Large Seats – 3 Seats (2-Year Term)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should complete the Online Application. Please complete your application by April 8, 2021, to be included in the Online Candidate Guide and to be available for the entire Open Voting Period (April 9-22). You can apply after April 8 and NENA will add your application to the online guide.
If you do not have online access or need accommodations for the application process, please contact NENA. English and Español.
- April 8, 2021 – Early Bird Deadline to submit your application.
- April 9, 2021 – Online Candidate Guide published and online voting starts.
- April 20, 2021 – Last day to submit an application.
- April 21, 2021 – Telephone voting ends at 5:00 pm.
- April 22, 2021 – Online voting ends at 5:00 pm. Results will be announced at NENA’s Annual Meeting that evening.
Learn more about serving on the NENA Board. Interested in serving on the NENA Board? Please set up a call with NENA’s Executive Director Becky Timm by calling (612) 293-9375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.