At the NENA Annual Election and Meeting on Monday, April 27, 2020, our community will elect members to the Board of Directors. We are led by a 15 person Board of Directors comprised of neighborhood volunteers. We look for Board of Directors members who are energetic, strategically-minded leaders to help NENA and our neighborhoods thrive. For more information, visit Serving on the NENA Board.
The following seats are up for election:
Keewaydin Neighborhood – 2 Seats
Minnehaha Neighborhood – 2 Seats
Morris Park Neighborhood – 2 Seats
Wenonah Neighborhood – 2 Seats
If you are a resident (homeowner or renter) of the Nokomis East neighborhoods of Keeywadin, Minnehaha, Morris Park and Wenonah and over the age of 18, you can nominate yourself. Candidates should attend the Annual Meeting. All candidates will provide a short presentation (3-4 minutes) to neighborhood members and neighbors will vote for candidates.
Board Candidate Information Sessions – CHANGED TO PHONE CALLS
Due to the changing COVID-19 conditions, NENA is rescheduling all meetings as video and/or conference calls. Please schedule a call with Becky Timm to learn more about serving on the NENA Board of Directors. Calls work best from 10 am – 5:30 pm Monday – Friday. Thanks!
Interested individuals are strongly encouraged to attend an information session or schedule a time to meet with Becky Timm, NENA’s Executive Director to learn more about serving on the Board. Eligibility requirements, terms and service, election process, and other information will be discussed.
- Canceled – Information Session – Saturday, March 14 @ 9:00 am (NENA Office – 4313 E. 54th Street)
- Canceled – Information Session – Monday, March 16 @ 6:00 pm (NENA Office – 4313 E. 54th Street)
How to Apply
Interested candidates have two options to complete an application:
- You are strongly encouraged to submit your application by March 26, 2020, to be included in NENA’s Online Candidate Guide.
- Early, online voting starts on March 30, 2020.
- Applications accepted until April 20, 2020, to be included in printed Candidate Guide at the Annual Meeting.
- Nominations from the floor during the Annual Meeting will also be accepted. All candidates will be expected to address the biographical information on the Nomination Form.
Learn more about serving on the NENA Board. Interested in serving on the NENA Board? Please set up a meet and greet with NENA’s Executive Director Becky Timm by calling 612-724-5652 or email email@example.com.