Update: NENA opened the project sign-up list in March 2020 as a first-come, first-served system. The list filled quickly and the project list is now closed for the year. Check back in early 2021 for more information.
NENA helps homeowners with small exterior projects and front lawn projects. Sign up for the Curb Appeal Grant Lottery and get a matching grant up to $500!
- All projects must be visible from the sidewalk. Exterior projects only.
- Applicants must include before and after project photos.
- Painting and trim work (paint, supplies, scraping, etc.) are eligible.
- Exterior lighting (sconces, yard lights, porch lights, etc.) is eligible.
- Masonry work and tuck-pointing are eligible.
- Restoration of historically appropriate exterior finishes, details and materials are eligible.
- Hardscaping (retaining walls, steps, sidewalk, pathway, etc.) is eligible.
- Labor and permit costs are eligible (homeowner labor costs are not eligible)
- Fencing is not eligible
- Landscaping (plants, trees, flowers, gardening, sod, etc.) is not eligible
Payment to Participants:
This is a reimbursement project. In the application process, participants will be required to submit a project budget, the total requested amount and “before” photos to be eligible. At the end of the project period in October, participants will be required to submit itemized receipts for all work and purchases and submit “after” photos.
Nokomis East homeowners and property owners of non-commercial properties with up to four units, are eligible to participate in the project. The property must be located in the Keewaydin, Minnehaha, Morris Park, or Wenonah neighborhoods. The project is available only to existing properties, not new construction. NENA staff may support renters to work with their landlord to apply. Businesses and commercial property owners are not eligible to participate (funding source restriction).