Interested in working on housing, economic development and streetscape issues in our community? Come to a committee meeting and check it out. All residents, property owners, and business owners and employees of the Nokomis East neighborhoods can join NENA committees.
Joining means you attend committee meetings, design projects and implement strategies to make our community even better!
Housing, Commercial & Streetscape Committee Meetings – All Are Welcome!
First Wednesday of the Month
6:30 – 8:30 pm
NENA Office – 4313 E. 54th Street
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are NENA Committees?
NENA committees are where projects come to life. Many NENA grant, event, and project ideas were generated by committees. There are currently three committees: Green Initiatives, Finance and Fundraising, and the Housing, Commercial and Streetscape Committee.
Who can be on a committee?
Anyone who lives, works or owns property in Minnehaha, Morris Park, Keewaydin or Wenonah, yes! There are no other qualifications, no committee elections. You do not need to be an expert to get involved, we will make sure you get all the background info you need.
How much time commitment is involved?
Only one 90 minute meeting a month. Committee members are welcome, but not required, to volunteer additional time.
When can I join?
The committees are open, so you can join anytime. Just show up to a meeting.
- NENA Home Improvement Loans
- NENA Curb Appeal Matching Grant Lottery
- 34th Avenue S Reconstruction Project Tracker
- NENA Commercial Facade Improvement Loans
- Land Use Notifications
- City of Minneapolis – Neighborhood Rental Reports
- Nokomis East Business Association
Committee Purpose Statement
The purpose of the Housing, Commercial & Streetscape Committee is to provide services to NENA members and NENA Board of Directors and staff to ensure the furtherance of Nokomis East Neighborhood Association’s organizational goals for our housing and commercial stock.
- To advise the Board of Directors, staff, committees, and members with regards to NENA’s housing, commercial and Streetscape program.
- To maintain and improve the housing stock in the neighborhood.
- To coordinate and seek solutions to issues related to housing and commercial building development.
- To advocate for housing and commercial development programs.
- To provide input on zoning changes or building applications.
- Advise city and developers on preferred land use as it relates to future development.