Green Initiatives Committee
Interested in working on green and environmental issues in our community? Come to a committee meeting and check it out. All residents, property owners, and business owners and employees of the Nokomis East neighborhoods can join NENA committees. Joining means you attend committee meetings, design projects and implement strategies to make our community even better!
Committee Purpose Statement
The purpose of the Green Initiatives Committee is to provide services to NENA members and NENA Board of Directors and staff to ensure the furtherance of Nokomis East Neighborhood Association’s organizational goals for our environment:
- To advise the Board of Directors, staff, committees, and members with regards to NENA’s environmental landscape,
- To improve awareness concerning issues that may impact the environmental quality of NENA’s neighborhoods,
- To advocate for programs that address the improvement of the environment, and
- To advise city and developers on environmental issues.
What are NENA Committees?
NENA committees are where projects come to life. Many NENA grants, events, and project ideas were generated by committees. There are currently four committees:
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Green Initiatives
- Fundraising Events Team
- Housing, Commercial and Streetscape Committee (on hiatus)
Who can be on a committee?
Anyone who lives, works or owns property in Minnehaha, Morris Park, Keewaydin or Wenonah, yes! There are no other qualifications, no committee elections. You do not need to be an expert to get involved, we will make sure you get all the background info you need.
How much time commitment is involved?
Only one 60 minute meeting a month. Committee members are welcome, but not required, to volunteer additional time.
When can I join?
The committees are open, so you can join anytime. Just show up to a meeting.