COVID-19 UPDATE: NENA Board and committee meetings are moved to an online format via Zoom. Visit NENA’s Community Calendar, click on the meeting to access the Zoom log-in information. A brief video tutorial on how to join a meeting using Zoom is available here.
NENA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, marking its beginnings in the mid-1980s and incorporated in 1997, by residents and businesses to strengthen our four southeast Minneapolis neighborhoods. NENA invests in neighborhood improvement, builds community connections, encourages citizen participation, and advocates for the interests of the Nokomis East neighborhood.
NENA is led by a 15 person Board of Directors comprised of neighborhood members elected by the community at our Annual Meeting. We are a volunteer-driven organization and thrive with a diverse group of active participants.
Interested in learning more about serving on the NENA Board of Directors?
Meetings: Board Meetings will be hosted on the fourth Thursday of the month and may be changed in November and December. Check the NENA’s Community Calendar.
Meetings are open to the public unless otherwise noted. Each meeting starts with a 15 minute period for the public to address the Board with your ideas and questions.
NENA Board Meeting Agendas & Minutes
2021 – 2022 NENA Board of Directors Members
- Sarah Brown
- Austin Dufault
- Mia Simpson, Secretary
- Kevin Corrado
- Kyle Olson
- Lynn Regnier
- Olivia Boerschinger
- Aaron Hutchinson
- Nathan Kaye
- Liz Brophey, Chair
- Lisa Dahle, Treasurer
- Adam Somers, Vice Chair
- Beth Halbach
- Christina Meyer
- Vacant – Will be appointed at the December Board Meeting. Apply by 12/9.
All are welcome to committee meetings! If you are attending for the first time, please check the NENA Community Calendar to confirm the meeting date and time. Until further notice, NENA will be complying with the City of Minneapolis guidance for neighborhood organizations and hosting all committee meetings online. Please check the Community Calendar for online meeting Zoom login information.
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Committee – Meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm
- Green Initiatives Committee – Meets on the third Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm (Second TH is Nov and Dec)
- Executive Committee – Meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm.
- Fundraising Events Team – Meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm.
- Finance & Fundraising Committee – Meets as needed. Please check the Community Calendar for dates.