NENA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, marking its beginnings in the mid-1980’s and incorporated in 1997, by residents and businesses to strengthen our four southeast Minneapolis neighborhoods.
NENA is led by a 15 person Board of Directors comprised of community members, elected by the community at our Annual Meeting in April. We are a neighborhood-driven organization and thrive with a diverse group of volunteers and active committee participants
Board meetings are the fourth Thursdays of the month from 7:00 to 9:00 pm at the NENA Office (4313 E. 54th Street). Board meetings in November and December are held on the third Thursday. Meetings are open to the public unless otherwise noted.
NENA Board Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Interested in learning more about serving on the NENA Board of Directors?
2016-2017 NENA Board of Directors Members
- Sahr Brima
- Mike Guild
- Larry Ouellette
- Carrie Andersen
- Mike Ferrin, Vice Chair
- Katie Sheetz, Secretary
- Anne Johnson
- Dave Larson
- Mark Preston
- Liz Brophey
- Jenna Carter
- Marcelina Torres Ramos
- Steve Larmon, Treasurer
- Mark Keeler, Chair
- Helena Pikus-Li
All are Welcome to Committee Meetings!
- Green Initiatives Committee
- Housing, Commercial & Streetscape Committee
- Executive Committee – Meets on the second Thursday of the month
- Finance Committee – Meets as needed, check NENA Community Calendar for schedule
- Governance Committee – Meets as needed, check NENA Community Calendar for schedule