NENA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, marking its beginnings in the mid-1980’s and incorporated in 1997, by residents and businesses to strengthen our four southeast Minneapolis neighborhoods. NENA invests in neighborhood improvement, builds community connections, encourages citizen participation and advocates for the interests of the Nokomis East neighborhood.
NENA is led by a 15 person Board of Directors comprised of neighborhood members elected by the community at our Annual Meeting in April. We are a volunteer-driven organization and thrive with a diverse group of active participants.
Interested in learning more about serving on the NENA Board of Directors?
Board meetings are the fourth Thursdays of the month from 6:30 to 8:30 pm at the NENA Office (4313 E. 54th Street). 2019 Schedule Change: Board Meetings on Monday, Sept. 23, Monday, Oct. 21, Monday, Nov. 25, and Monday, Dec. 16.
Meetings are open to the public unless otherwise noted. Each meeting starts with a 15 minute period for the public to address the Board with your ideas and questions.
NENA Board Meeting Agendas & Minutes
2019 – 2020 NENA Board of Directors Members
- Sarah Brown, Secretary
- Ed Hugener
- Brandon Toner
- Jerome Evans, Chair
- Lynn Regnier
- Kyle Tornow
- Danielle Isaacson
- Lisa Sanmartin
- Edward Warn
- Liz Brophey, Vice Chair
- Lisa Dahle
- Adam Somers
- Jessica Crotteau, Treasurer
- Jessica Tupper
- Mike Welch
All are welcome to committee meetings! If you are attending for the first time, please check the NENA Community Calendar to confirm the meeting date and time.
- Green Initiatives Committee – Meets on the second Wednesday of the month
- Housing, Commercial & Streetscape Committee – Meets on the first Wednesday of the month
- Executive Committee – Meets on the second Thursday of the month. (Second Mondays in September – December)
- Finance & Fundraising Committee – Meets as needed. Please check the Community Calendar for dates